Change in Vocabulary

Ok, I want to clarify on my previous post. No, it's not just about the weight. It IS about being healthy. It's also about being happy with myself. Do I think I need to lose weight? No. Seven months ago when I was near "clinically overweight"? Maybe. And I lost it. Nowadays I may say that I need to lose weight and it isn't about the actual weight it's about being tone. I could never lose another pound and be perfectly happy as long as I continue to get tighter and firmer. But also, even if THAT NEVER happened. I could accept that and be happy as long as I knew I was strong, healthy, and in the best physical condition I was capable of.
I know that when people hear, "I want to lose weight" they equate that to "I'm fat". Because of this I need to make a change. I need to make a change in my vocabulary. I need to stop using phrases like "lose weight" or the word "fat" (not that I use it often). And I need to start using words like healthy, fitness, tone, active, endurance, and strength.
To those of you who have offered and continue to offer me support - thank you!

1 comment:

logan and jayme payne said...

Maria, I've had similar experiences. I now weigh ALMOST the same as I weighed the day I got married and I'm satisfied with that, however, I'm going to continue to try to lose more weight. Mostly because it motivates me to be healthy but also because I think I can do even better. Besides, even someone who is really skinny should constantly work towards changing some aspect of their health. No one is PERFECTLY healthy.