6 Random Things

I laugh when I’m uncomfortable. This leads to much embarrassment and many awkward moments in my life, but it’s true – I laugh when I’m uncomfortable no matter how inappropriate it might be at the time. This has also gotten me into trouble as many people have misunderstood and thought that I was making light of a situation that I didn’t mean to. Or that I was enjoying something when I really wasn’t.

I hate tomatoes, onions, and peppers – and yet, I love SALSA. Go figure! I am pretty picky about my salsa, but still – it makes no sense at all.

I took down a bison in the Henry Mountains with one shot right through the heart. It was the kind of hunt that should have been televised it was so perfect. But you really need my older brother DarRell to tell you the story because I don’t remember much. Besides, he tells it so much better than me - much more animated!

My favorite pet name is “Love”. This is a pet name that is rarely used outside of the UK, but every time I am fortunate enough to run into a Brit and he calls me “love” I just melt.

I joined the cross country team in high school just to get out of town once a week. Honestly, I joined everything I could in high school just to get out of town, get out of classes, meet guys from other schools, or meet back up with my guy friends from other schools. Drama, Speech and Debate, Show Choir, Cheerleading, Dancing, took stats for Baseball and for Football. But this is one that I joined and then didn’t really participate in. I never practiced with the team – I couldn’t even run 1 mile, let alone 3+. And I only ran in one event because the coach threatened to kick me off the team. I came in 2nd to last – was horribly embarrassed and quit the team the next day anyway. Please imagine that I am laughing uncomfortably right now – because I am.

I’m darn cute. Seriously! Have you seen me lately? I am so darn cute. ;-)
And you don’t have to take my word for it – I have references.

5 comments:

JjHansen said...

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in that laughing boat. Only I don't laugh when I'm uncomfortable - I crack jokes. At funerals, in testimony meetings, when people are crying etc etc etc. I just can't handle the tension and I make often inappropriate and awkward jokes.

And just so you know, I LOVE how random you are.

You're A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Sorry, had a flashback to those cheerleading days

mP said...

Can't stand the tension, eh? You REALLY ARE a peacemaker!
And I have the same issue with A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Millie said...

I do the same thing, I always laugh when things get uncomfortable. Lately it has led to giving some creepy guy's the wrong idea....it's not good.

Lyndee W. said...

I don't necessarily laugh when I'm uncomfortable...I talk. I analyze and just talk, and talk...and talk some more! I really do talk a lot. Did I mention that I talk...a lot?!

mP said...

Ok, Lyndee - You talk a lot. But while talking do you then reveal anything about yourself that might make the situation even MORE uncomfortable?