32

I'm 32 now.
People tell me I don’t look 32 - or even 31. They’ll say. “Oh, I thought you were 26 or 27”. Some have even said I look 24 - I like those people! But if I’m 32 and don’t look 32 then I have to wonder – what does 32 look like?
I don’t necessarily feel 32, but then I don’t know what 32 FEELS like either. It’s all very confusing to me. What I do know is that 32 doesn’t feel any different than 31 or 30 or even 29 for that matter. But it does somehow feel different than 21. I couldn’t tell you when it started to feel different; it has been a very slow process.
I’ve heard it said many times that 30 is the new 20. I like that. And I am inclined to believe it because I have felt so much better about myself this past year than ever before. I feel like I have learned a lot about myself which I believe has made me not only more emotionally mature, but more intellectually mature as well. I am a bit more self-aware now. (I said A BIT – there's a long road ahead of me.) I’m back in college again and I feel great about that. I feel like I’m starting to accomplish things. And speaking of accomplishing things – I’m in the best shape of my life! I may not be as light or as thin as I was at 16 or 18, but I am stronger, tighter, and toner than I have ever been. I’m at the gym 5-6 days a week and really pushing myself to get more endurance, to get stronger, to get tighter. I have set goals and feel like I just might actually realize them this time! So if this is how good it feels to be 32 – then I’m excited for 33!

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

I wasn't aware (or maybe I was and I just forgot) that you are 4 years older than me!