Abridged Version

Quick little note here on abridged versions, particularly Les Miserables. It's been about 11 years since I first read Les Miserables (the unabridged edition). This book had such a huge impact in my life and is one of my favorite books ever written. I have wanted to reread it for quite some time, but have been a bit put off by it's size. With tickets to see the play in September, I decided that I had better refresh my memory of the beautiful storyline and amazing characters. And to save myself a bit of time I was going to do it with the abridged edition. By page 100 I was so incredibly frustrated! There was so much that was left out. And if there was THAT much left out that I could remember, then what else was left out that I hadn't remembered? Don't let someone else decide for you what is central to the plot and development of characters. Always take matters into your own hands and read the UNabridged version!
Ok,. maybe not such a quick little note. Just needed to get that off my chest.
Thanks for listening (or reading).

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

*giggle* We agree on so many things, Maria!