Certifiably Insane

I don't know what got in to me. (I blame my good friend Liz and my "uncle" John.) Liz ran a marathon a few years ago and wouldn't stop talking about how great it was and how EVERYONE should do it at some point. So every year I say I'm going to start training and every year I end up putting it off. Or I get to that 1.5 mile wall and just don't get past it. Well, John was telling me at Thanksgiving about the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab in March and how he was registering to race and encouraged me to join him. I thought to myself, "This is what you need - a deadline! You need a race date to get you over that wall!" I registered. And darn it all! I was selected. Am I insane, or what? When I saw that email that said "Canyonlands Half Marathon Lottery Acceptance" I literally wanted to bang my head against the wall.
Well ... it's done. It's paid for - I might as well do it. Heaven help me!

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Good luck, Maria girl. You're much braver than I.

Cameron and Nonie said...

Good luck, and I'm glad it's not me.