1 Down 2 To Go

I made a New Year's Resolution to summit Timpanogos 3 times this year and here is evidence of my first summit of the year. Justin and I took Hiro and hiked ALL DAY long on July 12. It was fun, exhausting, exciting, painful, thrilling, and scary!



I was certain we killed Hiro sliding down the glacier. Justin held him in his lap as he slid down the glacier, but without the use of his hands to stable himself Justin lost control and then lost Hiro. I laughed my head off watching Justin slip and slide and turn, but when he lost Hiro my laughs turned to tears and I watched in horror as Hiro start tumbling. I kept thinking "We just killed our dog!" But once Hiro came to a stop he got up and started walking the rest of the way down the glacier and I knew then that he was alright.
In the end we all survived and what an amazing experience it was.
Justin is glad he did it, but says he won't go again - so I am looking for a hiking partner for my other two trips. Do I have any volunteers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't say I would'nt go again. I said that I would'nt do it again this year. It was very hard though.

Thanks for including me in your blog babe!

mP said...

Justin - stop telling people it was hard or you might discourage them.

It's an amazing experience and when it's over you have an incredible sense of accomplishment. Every minute of that hike is worth it!

Lyndee W. said...

You guys are so funny! The first two comments on your post are YOU! Hee, hee. Lyle's hiked the backside of Timp before and he keeps trying to get me to go with him...but I refuse. I've heard horror stories. Plus, with my asthma and my bad ankles, it's probably best for everybody if I keep my feet firmly on the ground. Major props to you though Maria for even attempting and then accomplishing the hike! You're braver than I am. I'm glad Hiro is okay...he means so much to you (Justin too, hee hee).

Jill and Paul said...

you guys are awesome! way to go. i was just talking to my dad about going. we've never been either, but im really scared of sliding down the glacier. is it as scary and death-defying as my dad says?? beautiful pics!

logan and jayme payne said...

Maria, I'll go with you. You just say when and I'll make Logan watch the kids so we can go. -Jayme