Hello blog, have you missed me?

To my former blog followers who still check back in from time to time only to be horribly disappointed that I have not posted anything new. Please do not be alarmed. As you may know – I have never been very faithful at posting anyway. But recent events in my life have put a near halt to my posting. First was the loss of my job. I had gone from sitting at a lovely desk in a usually fun office with fascinating people (I know that none of them follow this so I can say nice things about them without giving any of them undeserved and unnecessary ego boosts). I sat at this lovely desk in this fun office with these fascinating (and fun) people and I – oh, I worked, sure, a little, but I also played – I played on facebook, I posted on my blog, I posted on my butterfly girls blog, I researched weight lifting and workout routines, I researched healthy living lifestyles, I IM-ed with my good friends and co-workers in the next room, across the hall in the next office, across the valley in the next county, across the mountains in another state, across the “pond” in another country, and I played on the internet. Doing those sorts of things were easy because they were easily ACCESSIBLE and because I had the TIME.
Then I got laid off. That was a real blow. I’d never been laid off before. I lost my motivation to do anything.
I got back into school within a few months . And I got seriously motivated to not just get my bachelor’s degree, but to go on to grad school – to get a doctorate – to go to medical school. ME! Can you believe it? I definitely can’t. (I still pinch myself over that one.) In August I got a full time job. (It’s a temp position so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I still have a job come January). I’m still in school – nearly full-time. And I’m trying to sell my house and move. I can’t access email or blogger or other blogs from work. So the ability to post and read and keep in contact during down time at work has been taken from me. When I am home I'm doing homework or packing or cleaning. Any tiny bit of free time that I am able to find between school, work, packing, homework, and researching grad schools to make sure I stay on target and get all the right classes in, is spent with Justin and Hiro – and ask either one of them – it’s not enough! (And a little bit of NFL football and you’ve got to trust me – that’s not enough either!)
As for email and or facebook – well, I do get those on my phone. And initially that seemed like a godsend. But then they became HUGE distractions and my homework suffered. So I deactivated my facebook account. NO – I did NOT delete any of you as friends. When you deactivate your account it sort of freezes you, saves all your info, but makes it look like you don’t exist. So you disappear from all your friends lists and posts and walls and such, but as soon as I reactivate I should magically appear again.
So please don’t worry about me. I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I am still alive, although I sometimes feel like just barely. And hopefully next semester I won’t fall as far behind, I can better manage my time, I’ll be in a smaller home which will require less time to maintain, and I can pop my head up more often for fresh air.
Thanks for all your love, support, and concern. Really, I’m ok. Just some time, accessibility, and minor brain damage issues I need to work through.

6 comments:

MJ said...

Love You!

Lyndee W. said...

I've definitely missed you! Glad everything is going ok.

Scott and Tobi said...

We have missed you, it was good to read your post. Keep up the good work. Love Tobi

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the ego boost! (However unwarranted it is :)).

Nate (from Venafi)

Anonymous said...

That's right... we're always watching. Glad you're not completely mental (although....)

Tim(from Venafi)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.